Aller au contenu

Planeur avec un "nouveau" design !

Administrateur

Messages recommandés

UltraVision glider : https://www.facebook.com/gonzalo.garciaatance

image.png

image.png

Citation
Hi everyone, I'm the designer of the UltraVision glider, which features an unobstructed cockpit to maximize the flying experience. When I flew along the crest of my local hills, I missed the ability to see beneath me, something I could do while walking. I found that the cockpit view was more restricted than the 360-degree view while walking !!!, motivating me to create the Ultravision. Currently, it's still in the project phase.
The widespread use of electric sustainers has reduced the “performance anxiety” caused by the limited ability to fly in poor weather conditions or the possibility of not being able to return to the airfield. Eliminated the “performance anxiety” with electric sustainers/selflaunchers, it makes sense to design gliders to maximize the flying experience, hence the unobstructed cockpit design. All gliders till now have been designed to maximize performance given the wingspan and the intended selling price, I believe a change of paradigm will come.
I've submitted a scientific article for peer review in Technical Soaring (OSTIV) on April 17, 2023, which includes detailed performance calculations for 18m and 13.5m wingspans and three certification strategies (CS-22 / JAR-22). The peer review is being handled by a top glider designer of a top glider company. However, the peer review process may take some time, as it's conducted by voluntary experts in the field. It is fair to say that the article might be rejected, but let's keep our fingers crossed!
I can't share specific calculation details yet, as that's contingent on publication. However, for an 18m wingspan with flaps, the estimated maximum glide ratio ranges from a 46 to 50, depending on grade of fuselage development and optimization.
Feel free to comment on the project, share it, and provide any feedback you may have. I believe that in 20 years time, a significant portion of gliders will adopt my design philosophy. The choice ultimately depends on your personal preferences and your demands when buying a new glider. For me, if given the option to fly the UltraVision with a glide ratio of 46-50 or a high-performance glider with a 56 glide ratio on a Saturday at the local field, I would choose the UltraVision most of the times.
Gonzalo Garcia-Atance, Aeronautical Eng., PhD.
Lecturer in Engineering (Aircraft Design and Stability)

• 2 semaines après...

Le gars doit pas connaitre les DG !

ni les ailes Horten qui sont le top pour voir devant... 

1280px-Horten_H.IV.jpg

je parle pas du reste concernant la Horten, jamais volé dessus

2 options ? prends la mauvaise, comme ça si tu te trompes...

vincent.jvt01"xxx"free.fr

et même un émouchet !

Emouchet-couche.jpg

Modifié par CPT
Les DG, sans chaussures blanches !

La philanthropie de l'ouvrier Charpentier est bien connue !Tout en avance d'un jour Une même passion, 2 sites :

https://bia-z-and-aerologic.jimdosite.com/

f7052aaf-1d1b-4b5a-84ad-0b1461559131.jpg

https://cpt-promet.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/promet/index.html

Au concours des planeurs moches, il a sa place

Tiens, il n'y a jamais eu de sujet sur les planeurs moches ?

Pas mal pour l'hiver....

2 options ? prends la mauvaise, comme ça si tu te trompes...

vincent.jvt01"xxx"free.fr

il y a une heure, Bruno J a dit :

Bonjour,

Planeurs moches……pas d'accord !

"Différents de nos modèles actuels" serait plus approprié .

Voir le sujet ici: https://www.volavoile.net/topic/14384-planeurs-moches/?do=getNewComment

Stéphane Vander Veken

Il y a 1 heure, Bruno J a dit :

Bonjour,

Planeurs moches……pas d'accord !

"Différents de nos modèles actuels" serait plus approprié .

C'est bien sur personnel, mais je le trouve pas très beau

• 2 mois après...

C’est moche avec un CX déplorable. Je serais curieux de voir les résultats en soufflerie !

2CJK9c.jpg"planeur.aero" site de photos et vidéos de vol en planeur sur les Alpes

"Un Siècle d'Aérotemps" mes souvenirs Aéronautiques dans l'Histoire