www.planeur.net | www.netcoupe.net | www.volavoile.net
Aller au contenu

Wassmer Wa 30 [English]

Tomt

Messages recommandés

Hello,

I am from Germany and looking for more information about the Wassmer Wa 30.

How is the plane in the dailylife? (flight characteristic, seats, rigging, ...?)

What ist he weight of the middle wing section?

MfG Thomas

Invité Tic-Tac

Hi !

I flown this plane for my flying licence.

It's a very demonstrative glider, but an old one :

It flies well but the glide ratio is about 25 with 90km/h, it's not easy the fly facing the wind.

The seats are confortable but less than modern sailplanes of course...

I don't know the weight of the middle wind section...but it's very heavy !! (I would say about 150kg...)

See you !

Nico

The central plane weighs about 100 kgs, according to the flight manual. Probably a tad heavier in reality (it has been reinforced after a couple of accidents in the seventies). You need 5 people at least to rig the central plane on the fuselage (except if they are all athletes), but rigging the outer panels is relatively easy, you can store the glider in a hangar without these panels to avoid wasting space.

The quality of the perspex canopy is rather bad: it deforms, yellows and cracks rather easily.

For the rear pilot, the visibility straight ahead is quite good, because the rear seat is a bit higher than the front seat, but there is a canopy arch impeding the 30-45° vision.

Stéphane Vander Veken

Hello,

How is the Wassmer Wa 30 comapared to other 2-seater glider, like

the Bocian, K-7, Ask-13 (out of my price range, but I have flown) or Bergfalke?

Because I am looking forward to buy an older 2-seater glider.

Does anybody got an polar chart of the Wa 30?

MfG Thomas Winterer

Hello,

How is the Wassmer Wa 30 comapared to other 2-seater glider, like

the Bocian, K-7, Ask-13 (out of my price range, but I have flown) or Bergfalke?

Because I am looking forward to buy an older 2-seater glider.

Does anybody got an polar chart of the Wa 30?

MfG Thomas Winterer

In my opinion, the performances of the WA 30 are almost as good as those of an ASK 13, but the controls are not so pleasant. The air-brakes are very effective, the landing gear is really well damped and the hydraulic brake is excellent ; you can easily perform very short landings.

All the "commercial" polars you can find are totally wrong. The manufacturer told, the plane has a glide ratio of 30, but in the reality it is about 25/27, as Tic-Tac says.

Hals- und Beinbruch.

Modifié par Tatave

The central plane weighs about 100 kgs, according to the flight manual. Probably a tad heavier in reality (it has been reinforced after a couple of accidents in the seventies). You need 5 people at least to rig the central plane on the fuselage (except if they are all athletes), but rigging the outer panels is relatively easy, you can store the glider in a hangar without these panels to avoid wasting space.

The quality of the perspex canopy is rather bad: it deforms, yellows and cracks rather easily.

For the rear pilot, the visibility straight ahead is quite good, because the rear seat is a bit higher than the front seat, but there is a canopy arch impeding the 30-45° vision.

Hello

A good value is not more than 2000/3000 euros ready to fly.

Many offers in France and many gliders written off to get spares. The main problem is to find canopy in good condition.

Enjoy

EM